Sunday, October 11, 2009

Walking, Walking, Walking

Good god, what was I wishing for? As soon as Everett learned how to crawl he was over it. All he wans to do now is walk all over the house. Holding my hands of course. So I spend most of every day stooped over following my little man around, circles, circles, circles around the first floor. Sit down and play with some toys? CRY! Sit in the Exersaucer? CRY! Read a book? CRY! Eat? Well ok, but only for about 8 minutes, shoving food in his mouth as fast as he can so he can get back up and walk. Can I cook dinner, do dishes, play with Holden? No way. Everett is in serious need of a personal assistant to follow him around!

I am tired

Last week my mom came in for a visit. After one day with Everett, she agreed-this was not going to work. So, I went to the store at 9 pm to buy a walker. I was desperate. I didn't think I could last one more day. I was so excited to bring him downstairs (at 5:30 am :) to try it out. I excitedly plopped his behind in the comfy little seat and...wait? what?... his feet don't touch the ground!!! UGH!!! If he stretches he can push it backward, but as soon as he hits the wall, CRY! Since he can't get himself to move forward. I almost cried. I seriously thought this device would save my sanity.

However, thank goodness, he is calming down a little bit. He is remembering how much fun it can be to chew on the remote control and get wedged under the computer desk for a few minutes while I switch a load of laundry or color with Holden. So luckily, we may survive this stage.

I will leave you with this....
Yesterday I slept late and went out with friends all afternoon. Ian had the kids all day and around 5 he sank into a chair with a beer and with all sincerity said to me, "with many other options available, you willingly choose to do this everyday?" After laughing at his exhaustion, I said,"yes, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!"

1 comment:

  1. Ty has been getting a small taste of what it is like being with kids all day long. His comment, "this is hard. I am really tired." You think?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...