Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I know,Mom



It has been forever since a post....I am neglecting my usual motherly and wifely duties and throwing myself into Too Much Time! Laundry piled up on the floor (at least it's clean), freezer scraps for dinner, and most importantly I have not been posting on THIS oh so important blog.

We had a wonderful visitor last week, Mimi (my mom) came to town! As usual, we were too busy for too many pictures, and most of them are on her camera, but for me the highlight was Mimi and Holden baking cookies for her birthday party....and that one I caught on camera.


I was busy writing blog posts in the loft while those two lovely ladies slaved away in the kitchen. I quietly giggled to myself as I heard the running commentary....

"Yes, Holden you may eat the broken cookie."
"Holden, stop breaking the cookies just so you can eat them."
"Holden, powdered sugar belongs on the baking sheet, not the floor."
"Holden, powdered sugar is difficult to clean up."
"Holden, no throwing powdered sugar at Mimi."

At which point I ran downstairs, because I was missing all the fun! This is this devilish grin I caught!




DISCLAIMER: No guests of the party will be eating the cookies Holden touched. Her fun was kept separate from food anyone else will eat!





Notice the sugar all over her belly?! Hee Hee She IS a cookie monster!


And the big cookie mess!



Our visit was fabulous. It is so fun that the kids are both at ages to actually do fun things and participate in life! We all went to The Denver Childrens Museum and then had a picnic at the park next door, Mimi and Holden went to The Butterfly Pavilion and to see the movie Tangled! Ev hung out and hiked with Daddy, isn't he too cool?



Mom, Holden, and I had a girls morning and "tried" to get our nails done. Holden walked into the salon and announced she wanted purple sparkles and no one was to paint her thumb sucking thumb! However, she sat at a table by herself, while my mom was across the aisle and I was at a pedi chair in the back. Mom sauntered over to see how H was doing and she kept wiping her face with her jacket sleeve.

"Holden, do you want me to help you take off your jacket?"
"No, I  just think I have tears in my eyes!"
Wah, wah, wah

She lost it. There was to be no nail painting that day. One of the owners son's was watching cartoons on his laptop and Holden slowly warmed up to him and joined in the Tom and Jerry watching fun. He shared cookies and candy with her and when I told her it was time to go to lunch, she sat down in the middle of the salon floor and declared she did not want to go anywhere! So, it turned out to be fun for her after all. 


(No reason, just a cute shot)

On Mimi's last night, Amy came over to sit for us and we all went downtown for dinner at Maggianos (Thanks for the gift card, Frank and Marsha!). As we strolled down the 16th Street Mall I declared, "I am going to eat myself sick tonight!" And I did. I had a complete food hangover and felt like poop at about 11 pm, but it was AWESOME!

I was such a nice visit and we will be so happy to get back to PA for a visit in May ....for my TWENTIETH HIGH SCHOOL REUNION! 

Oh
My 
God!

I am so old...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...