Saturday, January 15, 2011

Socks

We've ll experienced the mystery of disappearing socks. A few here and there, eaten by the dryer or the dog. I get it, I accept it as a natural part of life that is completely beyond my control. My friend Nichole decided to only buy exactly the same white socks for her kids to help with the issue. I can't resist cute socks, so that's not an option for me.

Those baby and kid socks are so tiny and I couldn't keep track of them all if it was a my full time gig. However, the joy and satisfaction I feel when I reunite a long lost pair is immeasurable. Rolling those two lonely socks into one tight and complete ball makes me smile every time.

Lately though, this problem has been blown out of control. I was folding laundry this morning, my least favorite job in the entire world, and as usual,Everett had a bunch of loners. He is always the worst. I took the six singles into his room and with hope in my heart went to his pile of lost souls. I really was optimistic that I would find at least a few matches. NONE. Not one. UGH, how annoying.

SIXTEEN


I'm not exaggerating even a little bit. SIXTEEN single Everett socks. Is he trying? Because I know I'm not. I just don't think there is any way to accidentally "misplace" SIXTEEN socks. Maybe he has some weird disease and is eating them and belongs on the TLC show I just saw advertised. "My weird eating secret" or some nonsense. Girls eating soap and hair follicles and the like.

Anyway, my new mission is to uncover Everett's sock mystery. Because something fishy is going on around here and mommy doesn't like to be out of the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...