Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Brand New Basement


Our basement has been finished for a couple of months, but I just realized I didn't show it off yet. Right now, the best part is that it is FREEZING! Sweet relief. All of our playdates are here lately so we can share our refrigerated playroom.


Jeff did a fabulous job and we couldn't be happier with the results. Our big open living space is organized into "kid central"

and peaceful adult space.

At first I was trying to keep it all grown up and then I thought, what the heck. It is mostly for the kids, so let's do it!I did so much research on playrooms and basement family rooms and found tons of cute ideas.

Like the strip of clouds with the fun orange background and the curtain rods to hang the kids artwork and our roll of drawing paper.



The funky retro letters on flickr


and the vinyl rain gutter bookshelves, which were so easy and inexpensive to make and hang. The tutorial is found here


Down the hall there is a closet and then full bathroom on the left. A large storage area straight ahead and a bedroom on the right.


I am sure our visitors will really enjoy the privacy and space. Hopefully it will entice more people to come visit!
I sometimes still forget we have this awesome extra space. So does Everett! The basement door was open and he did not realize it, because it used to always be closed. He was teetering with his back to the stairs chatting with Ian and just stepped backwards and fell down half a fight of stairs! UGH He survived. I actually forget what he looks like without any bruises!
Quote of the Day
"We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing."
- George Bernard Shaw

1 comment:

  1. OMG...I absolutely love it! This is what I wanted to do for my kids, but didn't create it or make it happen! I, SO want to be you when I grow up, Kim! I can't wait to see it in person in September.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...