Thursday, August 26, 2010

Firsts



We have already had so many firsts, first steps, first words, firsts bites, first falls, etc. But this week...

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!

Ev had his first day at Magical Mornings last Monday. Magical Mornings is a brilliant creation to give kiddies 20 months-2 1/2 years an introduction to a preschool atmosphere. They walk in and choose one of the four stations and complete crafts, participate in pretend play, play in the sensory center, or have free play with the typical toys. They sing, dance, and play active games in the gym. Most importantly, mom's get a nice 1 1/2 hour break while the kids make friends and participate in a sweet, loving, and quality program.

Holden did this class all last school year and absolutely loved it. However, Ev is very, very, very different from Holden. He is clingy and a stereotypical momma's boy. I predicted a grand scene the first time I had to leave him with Miss Donna. I was prepared for the worst, tears, yelling, collapsing, kicking, and pushing. However, that is not what happened. Ev walked through the door and didn't look back. Whoa-I was SHOCKED beyond belief. He ran up to the sensory table to splash in the bubbles and laugh with the other kids.



I snapped some pictures, but he isn't really looking in any of them because he completely forgot I was even there. We returned early, so we could spy and see how he was doing.




Mimi and Holden played pool



while I stood in shock at how easy and outgoing Everett was without me around.

Luckily, I got a big hug when we picked him up!



Wednesday morning was Lil H's big first day. I coaxed her into an outfit I chose, but she picked the shoes and hair flower-too cute!



Holden is attending Happy Valley Ranch Preschool. This place is magical.
Ponies,


pigs, bunnies,turkeys, and ducks



During recess the kids can choose to play with the animals in the barns and take pony rides.
These pics are from open house and her first day. The program is child centerd and promotes independence and freedom. Which is definitely good fit for H! Honestly, at this point, I am not super focused on the academics, I just want her to learn how to be a good, nice, caring, and sensitive person.

I think the painting center was her favorite.



and had fun playing with the baby doll "home" center




She was a bit leery at first, which is quite out of character for her, but relaxed after a few minutes and kissed me goodbye so she could run off and play with her new friends. She was in a fabulous mood when I picked her up, but she was zombie. All that play time is hard work!

I am so proud of these guys and how well they handle change and rise up to new challenges. I hope this spirit of adventure, independence, and fearlessness stays with them!

Quote of the Day
"A tree that is unbending is easily broken."
-Lao Tzu

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...