Monday, April 5, 2010

Teething


So Everett has been a bit clingy, needy, and grumpy for the past few weeks. Honestly, I was thinking we needed to enroll him in daycare just to wean him from me. It was bad, bad, bad. I basically was spending 90% of the day holding him. I couldn't make dinner, fold laundry, empty the dishwasher, or even go to the bathroom without him crying, well screaming, for me to pick him up. It was getting out of control.

While everyone (including veteran moms and my Dr.) was telling me it was a phase and it would pass, I was beginning to wonder if I was going to have to sign up for Kindergarten with him.

I was also hearing a lot of,"just enjoy it, too soon he won't let you hold him at all." UGH, yes, I know. Believe me, I LOVE cuddling with my kids and I LOVE that they are both little koala bears who love to be huggy. BUT, this situation was not that lovey cuddly thing, it was INSANE.

Then, a few days ago I noticed a monster tooth had pushed through little man's sensitive gums. Could the tooth have been causing some of the drama? The next day I realized I had a WHOLE, ENTIRE, FULL cup of coffee without picking him up. HMMMM, I tried to not get excited. Then I got to blow dry my hair while he played with his cars. HMMMM. Then this morning I had to beg him to come upstairs with me. WHAT??? That kids does not let me out of his sight. He is attached 24/7 and I have never, I mean never ever ever had to give him an invitation to accompany me anywhere. I had to physically go downstairs and grab him to get him to come with me.

As I was changing his diaper I inspected his mouth and, surprise! He has
four new teeth! Not the little front ones. The big chompers on the sides. Halleluia, I only say this because I have experienced two full days of freedom from my little 25 pound teddy bear. I think the teeth popped through and now he is feeling better and back to normal.

Thank God, I thought I was going crazy!

Quote of the Day:
"Adam and Eve had many advantages, but the principle one was, they escaped teething."
- Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...