Sunday, April 18, 2010

Seriously....



Want to know how the past week has been for us?
The top two Google searches on my laptop this week should about sum it up.

#1 Natural ant repellant
#2 How to remove vomit (and the smell) from car interior?

I have been sweeping ants out of our family room ALL week. The little buggers are near the patio door and I keep finding ten or twenty at a time. I think they are coming in through a gap in the baseboard, but I can't find a nest or anything outside. So far I tried to mask their smelly trail with white vinegar and cinnamon. No luck, but I read it may take a few days for the message of danger to reach all of the ants. Who knows.

In more fun news every twelve hours over the past 6 days either Everett or Holden has puked. In the crib, on the wall, on Holden's bed (Ev), and the topper was when Holden let loose while I was driving....all over her car seat, the car floor and across the entire backseat. It got dangerously close, but did not get on Everett. I pulled over and stripped her down to underwear in the parking lot of a truck stop off of I-70. I had baby wipes and one blanket with which to clean up approximately four cups of vomit. I did the best I could and strapped a naked and smelly child into a very gross, wet, and smelly car seat for the 15 minute drive home. YUCK!

In case you ever need this info-

An open cup of white vinegar in the car overnight and baking soda rubbed into the offensive areas works wonders. We vacuumed the baking soda up this morning and voila-no more smell.

You may have noticed the four red bruises on Everett's face in the first picture. Well here is another one from this morning. In case you were wondering, he needed ANOTHER bath because he had dried vomit in his ear and his hair.


He was standing at the top of our basement stairs (which are thankfully carpeted as of last week) and fell back head over feet to the first landing. I think his face hit and scraped the baseboard because he has some nasty scratches. Then today we headed out to a local nursery to buy some veggies and flowers to plant and little man took a header in the public restroom and was bleeding from his head. He looks like he was in a bar fight.

Luckily, they are both acting normal and seem to feel fine. Holden did a great job picking out her gardening outfit today! haha


Quote of the Day:

When kids hit one year old, it's like hanging out with a miniature drunk. You have to hold onto them. They bump into things. They laugh and cry. They urinate. They vomit.

-Johnny Depp

1 comment:

  1. Awwhh, I feel badly for all of you. I hope the puking stops. Poor Everett needs a crash helmet! I can't wait to see you all. I hope everybody is healthy for their PA visit.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...