Sunday, June 27, 2010

DIY

So, now that school is OVER, (YAY, Well, I am finishing up my portfolio, but that should be wrapped up any day now) I am tackling a few projects I have been dying to try.

Sewing class is coming up next month and I am also signing up for a knitting class. Always wanted to try that too. But right now, I am having a jewelry situation. I don't like the typical jewelry boxes and I found a cool idea in Real Simple magazine for a picture frame jewelry organizer and after searching the internet for more ideas I tackled my own! My inspiration....



I am totally on the lookout for this type of frame at a thrift store





Love the drawer pulls
(but I couldn't get mine to actually stick to my frame)





I would also like to try these types of hooks




Using just what I had at home already I made my own. I used an old frame, cardboard for the backing, hot glue gun, drapery hooks, fabric hooks, artificial flowers, fabric I bought last year and couldn't decide how to use, and eye hooks from a hardware kit. Here are my creations....



I love the color it adds to our bedroom, that my necklaces aren't a tangled mess, and that the kids haven't yet figured out how to reach it! Ian thinks they are too "busy." HMM maybe different fabric?

Quote of the Day

"Creativity id inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun"
- Mary Lou Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...