Sunday, July 5, 2009

PA Summer Visit 2009


WOW!
We had a fun filled event packed week in Allentown! Yes, I made Ian come too because there is no way I am flying with those two kiddies by myself for quite a while. Ian and I were basically terrified to find out what a 4 hour long plane ride with our two angels would be like. It was better than we had expected, but not easy. Holden loves sleeping in her bed.She will sleep for 12 hours a night and take 3 hour naps. However, not in a bed, she does not sleep...at all. So she was pretty energetic for the plane ride, the ride back to Allentown, and until about 1 am. Everett pretty much ate and slept and made the trip super easy.

We got to spend lots of time with family and eat tons of "bad" food...cheese steakes, hoagies, pizza, and pierogies! YUM Holden has never eaten so badly in her life. Ian and I got to go out to dinner ALONE and spend Saturday night out with a big group of my high school friends. How nice to feel adult and human again!

Surprisingly Holden stayed perfectly healthy throughout the entire trip, a definite first. However, Everett had some issues. Teething, reflux, fever, not sleeping on schedule, and I swear the jarred baby food, had him in fits for most of the trip. Lots of tears and screams, which is such a shame, because he is the smiliest baby I have ever seen.

My mom had a big party at her place. Just the usual 45 closest family members! We also had a big family picnic on my dad's side. Holden got to whack at her first real pinata, and I even let her eat two lollipops!

Everett found a fan club in all of the little girl cousins...and Grandpa!


And what a shock, Holden got to play in the rain-since it rained EVERY day. She did not like being told to come in!


We had a wonderful trip, but as usual I felt like I needed a vacation when I got home. There are so many friends and family to visit and when we are only back twice a year, I don't want to miss out on any fun with anyone. Here is the link to all of our pics
http://picasaweb.google.com/KimHanou/PASummerVisit2009#

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...