Saturday, November 20, 2010

Quitter

I know, I know, I know....

I am weak! I just couldn't do the thrity day challenge. It started with a few cold days and a snowstorm (I did not have appropriate clothes for the weather). Then I went to the gym and, embarrassingly, never changed for the rest of the day. Then I went hiking the next day and never dressed in "real" clothes. The next day I went to the gym in the morning again, and well, you get the idea.

However, I did learn a a few things in the past two weeks...

#1 I have way more clothing than I need and plan to donate about 30% of it.
#2 I will only buy things when I really LOVE them. Not just because they are on sale or kinda cute, etc..
#3 It isn't that hard to NOT spend money on junk I don't need (Well, except when I go on a shopping trip with my sisters and mother-in-law, which never usually happens). When I had an urge to buy something, and I said no, I usually forgot about it fairly quickly and by the next day had no desire for it (Well, except for that beautiful candelabra at the thrift store which will look amazing after my makeover- and I went back for two days after the first spotting).

So, while I did not succeed in my mission, I feel I have come away with a new outlook. SO all is well.

3 comments:

  1. I just found you - only to see I am too late :(
    Looks like you had a great start, and life just got in the way. Your blog is super cute, so don't be surprised if I pop back in again.
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. You learned something from it...I guess htat is all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo! Haha, I decided that I probably won't do the challenge again. I have learned a lot from it though and hopefully I'll stick through till the end!

    BTW, I really like your layout!

    Melanie@UnravelledThreads
    Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...