Monday, April 20, 2009

First Haircut



I had debated back and forth, over and over, and I finally got so fed up with Holden's mess of hair in her eyes, I decided to get her hair cut. If she would only wear barrettes this would not be a problem, if she could sit still for 5 seconds and let me comb her hair it would not be a problem, but she does neither of those things...ever, so off it came. We went to "Cool Cuts for Kids" and it was pretty cool.
She was not sure of the place at first, but when she got to pick a movie, Nemo, she perked up. She sat in the chair by herself, for a few snips anyway and was pretty cooperative.
The trusty lollipop proved a necessity when she tried to jump out of the chair. And after a few minutes she ended up in my lap to try and finish up.
Of course, I hated it, and couldn't understand why I ever thought bangs were a good idea (bangs are NEVER a good idea). She does look so pretty and very grown up, which kind of freaks me out, but that's the way it goes. She still won't let me put a barrette in her hair or comb her hair, but she is pretty darn cute. If you are wondering why I don't have a final pic to show you, she wouldn't stand still long enough to take one. Typical!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...