Friday, August 7, 2009

Oddball



As a parent you quickly get used to the oddball things your kids do on a daily basis. As Holden was eating Cheerios dipped in hummus for lunch, it occurred to me that it was kinda weird. So, I started thinking about the foods my children eat and realized to the average eye it may appear that I am nuts to give my children the things I do. But all of you parents out there know, as long as they eat, no matter how odd, we are happy.

Here is a little list of some of Holden's hit food items and meals:

1. hummus and cheerios

2. Goat cheese...on or with ANYTHING. Actually the more eccentric and stinky the cheese the better.

3. DIP- always the dip, everything tastes better with dip- sugar free ketchup and organic ranch dressing are ALWAYS in our fridge. I think Holden would die without these condiments. Sometimes when she has ranch she asks for dip to go with it. MMM ketchup and ranch... delicious!

4. Granola Bars-not odd in itself, however sometimes 6 granola bars will be Holden's entire daily food intake.

5. Parmesan cheese on Puffins peanut butter cereal-I can't even begin to understand. But, she eats it...happily.

6. Hot Salsa- well it's really just dip when you get down to it, so she will take the burning mouth.

7. Grapes dipped (of course) in peanut butter


Everett is also an adventurous eater. His purees consist of:

1. Broccoli with Plums

2. Green Beans with cantaloupe

3. zucchini, cauliflower, and raspberries

This weekend I am attempting to make him some pureed chicken dinners. For some reason mine never taste as good as the jarred stuff. I can't wait to see how he likes the chicken, brown rice, apricot, squash dinner! Honestly, he eats so much and so well, I can't imagine a combo he wouldn't eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...